CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO ATE UP WITH MOTOR?
You can subscribe to Ate Up With Motor by using our RSS or Atom feeds (see the links on the right column). You can also follow us on Twitter @ateupwithmotor and find us on Facebook. We have no plans to offer subscriptions or paid-only content, since we recognize that most readers are very reluctant to pay for most web content.
Absolutely. The work involved in creating these articles is substantial — well over 25 hours each — and while this is a business (we earn a modest profit from advertising and user contributions), it is so far not a particularly lucrative enterprise.
Money we make from user contributions (and advertising) goes to both our operating costs and our living/personal expenses. (The site owner is self-employed and the site is one of the ways he pays the rent and eats!)
If you would like to make a monetary contribution, please use the button in the “Support Ate Up With Motor” button in the right sidebar. You can also send a check or money order (in U.S. funds only, please) payable to Aaron Severson to: 11100 National Bl. #3, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
- By making a contribution or payment to Ate Up With Motor, you signify your agreement to our Financial Transaction Policy — please click here to read it!
- Contributions go to the site owner’s operating and personal/living expenses and are **NOT** tax deductible.
CAN I CONTRIBUTE PHOTOS OR OTHER IMAGES TO THE SITE?
If you have photos or images that you would like to contribute, please send us an inquiry using the contact form. At present, we cannot afford to purchase images, but any image of yours that we use on the site will credit you as the photographer (either under your real name or a pseudonym, as you prefer).
Three rules to remember:
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH PHOTOS TO YOUR EMAIL UNTIL WE REPLY TO YOUR INQUIRY AND SAY IT’S OKAY. Our spam filter tends to be very aggressive and unsolicited email attachments will very likely get eaten.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND US PHOTOS (OR ANY OTHER CONTENT) YOU DON’T OWN. In most cases, we can only use your image if you took it (or created it) yourself or can demonstrate that you purchased or legally obtained the rights to use the photo from someone else. We CANNOT use photos from someone else’s auction, old press images, or scans from books or magazines.
- WE CAN’T GUARANTEE THAT WE WILL USE YOUR IMAGES. If we already have a similar one of our own, we usually prefer to use those, unless yours is a dramatically better picture.
Click here to see our current photo “wish list.”
CAN I WRITE AN ARTICLE OR EDITORIAL FOR THE SITE?
We’ll happily take suggestions for future articles, but we don’t accept outside articles or editorials. (In particular, please note that it’s our policy not to run any type of “advertorial” content.)
# # #