REPRESENTATIONS AND INDEMNIFICATION
By accessing and using this website, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age and that your use of the site is not contrary to any applicable U.S. Economic Sanctions and does not violate any other applicable law, regulation, or company policy (including, but not limited to, regulations or policies governing online conduct and acceptable content or any applicable law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside).
You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Ate Up With Motor and its web host, advertisers, vendors, partners, and licensors (and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents) against any and all claims related to or arising out of your use of the Ate Up With Motor website and its content, including, without limitation, any any all claims arising from your use of, interactions with, or business transactions involving any external website or third party mentioned or linked herein, including Ate Up With Motor’s advertisers.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
All content on this site is presented for the reader’s general information and entertainment. While we strive to make the site content as complete and correct as we reasonably can, the content is provided “as is.” We make NO WARRANTY, expressed or implied, of the content’s accuracy, completeness, or fitness for any purpose, including, but not limited to, the repair, modification, purchase, appraisal, or sale of any vehicle. (The author is NOT a mechanic or automotive technician and is definitely NOT qualified to tell you how to fix or modify your car!) Your use of any information presented on this website is entirely at your own risk.
We also make no warranty, expressed or implied, of the availability or continuous or uninterrupted access to the Ate Up With Motor website or its content.
Periodically, the site content may contain estimates of exchange rates between the U.S. dollar and foreign currencies, and/or of the inflation-adjusted modern equivalent of historical dollar amounts. Such figures are approximate estimates, provided solely for the purposes of illustration and reader reference and are NOT intended as financial advice of any kind. We make no warranty whatsoever as to the accuracy of those figures or their fitness for any purpose. This is an automotive history site, not a reference for international currency trading or the historical value of money!
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Ate Up With Motor shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond our reasonable control.
USE OF TRADEMARKS
Trademarks and trade names mentioned or described on this site, including (but not limited to) the names and distinctive logos of automakers, model or trim level names, brand names or trade names of automotive technology or automotive suppliers, and names of other products or websites, are used here for purposes of identification, description, and/or commentary. Such trademarks and trade names remain the property of their respective owners.
Except as otherwise explicitly indicated, we have no partnership with, relationship to, or endorsement by the holders of such trademarks, and no such partnership, relationship, or endorsement is implied. This is not an official website of any automaker or automotive brand.
Certain content presented here may use images, historical information, or other media supplied by one or more automakers or their press/PR representatives. Such cases will be noted in the acknowledgements and sources of the relevant content. The use of automaker-supplied images or media in site content does not indicate that the applicable content was in any way authorized, endorsed, or reviewed by that automaker.
The opinions expressed in the content published on the Ate Up With Motor website are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the trademark owners, any advertisers or commentators, or the site’s web host or vendors.
Ate Up With Motor runs paid text or banner advertisements from various advertisers, which may include new or used car dealers; auto insurers; and other businesses connected with the sale, repair, modification, or insurance of automobiles. All such paid advertisements, whether text links, banner ads, or in any other form, are identified with the words “Sponsor,” “Sponsors,” or “Sponsored Link(s)” (or by images containing those words).
Except as otherwise explicitly indicated (e.g., in a review of a book or other product), references to, depictions of, or advertisements for products or services on Ate Up With Motor do not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by Ate Up With Motor of those products or services.
In the event that Ate Up With Motor receives financial compensation or any other consideration for any content presented on the site other than paid advertisements (e.g., if we receive a free copy of a book to review), the nature of that compensation will be disclosed as part of applicable content or otherwise adjacent to it. (If the article or content is longer than one page, the relevant disclosure information will be included in the final page.)
Links to other sites presented or referenced on the Ate Up With Motor website are provided solely for reader information or for the purposes of bibliographic reference. Unless otherwise required by law, Ate Up With Motor offers NO warranty and accepts NO responsibility or liability whatsoever for the content, appropriateness, legality, safety, utility, or fitness for any purpose of any external website (including the websites of Ate Up With Motor advertisers) or for your use of such links, which is entirely at your own risk.
By posting a comment to Ate Up With Motor:
- You affirm that you are at least 18 years old; that you have the legal right to post the comment and its content; and that your comment does not infringe on the copyrights, confidentiality, or other legal rights (such as rights of privacy or publicity) of any other individual or entity or violate any other applicable law, regulation, or company policy.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Ate Up With Motor, its proprietor, web host, contractors, partners, licensors, and advertisers (and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents) against any claims related to or arising from your comment or its content.
- You grant Ate Up With Motor a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish the comment and its contents (including the username you supply) on the Ate Up With Motor website and to transmit the comment and its content via email as an automatic notification to the site administrator and, if your comment was in reply to a comment posted by another user, to the user who posted the original comment to which you replied.
- You grant Ate Up With Motor the non-exclusive right to edit or redact your comment as described below.
- In the event that your comment contains factual information pertaining to Ate Up With Motor content (for example, if you offer a correction or clarification of some error or ambiguous point), you authorize Ate Up With Motor to reflect the factual substance of your comment (for example, to make the noted correction) in the applicable content.
Please note that in certain cases, we may respond to your comment by email (using the email address you provide) prior to or instead of publishing the comment on the website, particularly if we have questions about any of the above-listed points.
You are free to delete your comment at any time using the delete function or by
contacting the us via email or the Contact Form. Please note that even if your comment is deleted, copies will remain in backup files and archives either created by us or by our web host. Under certain rare circumstances — e.g., the restoration of the site from a backup file — a previously deleted comment may reappear. In such instances, we will endeavor to promptly delete any such comments, but we cannot guarantee it. If you notice that your previously deleted comment has reappeared, please let us know via email or the Contact Form and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Comments are published on the Ate Up With Motor website at our sole discretion. Comments may be screened prior to publication to prevent spam or defuse contentious arguments. We do not guarantee that any comment you post will be published.
We reserve the right to redact, edit, delete, decline to publish, or unpublish any comment at any time, with or without notice. Our reasons for editing, redacting, deleting, or otherwise modifying or unpublishing a comment may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Its content exceeds the maximum length allowed by the comment box or otherwise disrupts the formatting or functionality of the site.
- The comment contains malicious code (such as viruses, worms, or Trojan horses) intended to disrupt the functionality of the site or attack users, or contains links to external sites containing such code.
- The comment contains or constitutes spam.
- The comment includes copyrighted material without appropriate authorization, or contains hyperlinks to such material, or violates the privacy of any person.
- The comment violates or appears to violate FTC guidelines on the disclosure of paid endorsements (for example, if you recommend a business of which you are a paid spokesperson without disclosing that relationship in your comment).
- The comment includes abusive language, ad hominem attacks, or defamatory content.
- We believe the commenter was under the age of 18.
- The comment was originally posted in reply to another comment that has been deleted.
Technical problems, such as site backups or upgrades to the comment system, may occasionally result in the inadvertent deletion of recent comments. If you have a question about why a comment was deleted or not published, feel free to contact us via email or the contact form. Again, we do not guarantee that any posted comment will be published.
Comments posted on Ate Up With Motor do not necessarily represent our opinions or those of our web host, advertisers, contractors, partners, or licensors. The publication or posting of a comment on Ate Up With Motor does NOT necessarily constitute our endorsement of any opinion, product, or service.
Unless otherwise required by law, Ate Up With Motor accepts NO responsibility or liability for and makes NO warranty, expressed or implied, of the accuracy of any user comment; its suitability for any purpose (including, but not limited to, the repair, modification, purchase, appraisal, or sale of any vehicle); or for the accuracy, utility, or legality of any external website linked in a user comment. Any use of the information contained in any comment on the Ate Up With Motor website, particularly comments containing mechanical advice, is entirely at your own risk.
We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently limit or deny access, either to the commenting feature and/or the site as a whole, to readers who are under age 18; whose comments have been unpublished and/or deleted for the above or any other reasons; or whose comments and/or other activities on the site we deem (in our sole judgment) to be abusive, disruptive, or constitute spam.
- You affirm that you are at least 18 years old. We cannot respond to communications from persons under 18. If we receive a communication from a person we know or reasonably suspect to be under the age of 18, we will promptly delete all copies of the message without acknowledging or responding to it.
- You authorize us to respond to your inquiry as appropriate via the email address you provide. Please note that while we endeavor to respond to all inquiries, we cannot guarantee that you will receive a reply.
- You grant us a limited, non-exclusive license to record and/or make copies of your message for our internal use and reference.
- Unless you specifically request otherwise, you grant us a limited, non-exclusive license to publish your inquiry or excerpts of it on the Ate Up With Motor website to respond your question or comment and/or to support other users with similar concerns. However, we will NOT publish your email address, IP address, or other personal information (e.g., your mailing address or telephone number) without your explicit prior authorization.
- Unless you specifically request otherwise, if your message includes factual information, corrections, or clarifications pertaining to Ate Up With Motor content, you authorize us to reflect the factual substance of your message in the applicable content (for example, to make the noted correction or incorporate a point of fact, such as a specification or date). However, except for our internal records and reference, we will not otherwise quote, excerpt, or republish your message without your prior authorization.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS OF USER ASSISTANCE AND INFORMATION
If you provide us (whether via comment, contact form, email, or other means) with significant assistance with Ate Up With Motor content (for example, if you supply images, suggest useful resources, or offer substantial factual corrections) or assist us in the resolution of a technical issue, we may elect to acknowledge you by name or username, generally in the “Acknowledgments” or “Notes on Sources” section of the applicable article(s), unless you have specifically asked us not to or if the context of your communications with us reasonably suggests that you prefer not to be acknowledged or identified.
In the event that you have received such an acknowledgment here or on Ate Up With Motor’s associated social media accounts and would like us to remove it, please contact us via email at aseverson (at) ateupwithmotor (dot) com or the Contact Form and we will promptly delete the applicable acknowledgment(s). If you wish to alter or correct the acknowledgment (for example, to replace a username with your real name or vice versa), we will make our best efforts to accommodate your request so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others or attempt to impersonate some other individual or organization.
The following is our policy for the reuse of Ate Up With Motor content.
- HYPERLINKS: You may publish, post, or otherwise share hyperlinks to the Ate Up With Motor website or to any individual page or post on the site.
- HOTLINKING: You may NOT publish or post any link pointing directly to any image, script, or non-text element on this website. (This does not apply to any script, font, or embedded video or audio recording hosted on an external website, the use or reuse of which is subject to the terms and conditions of the hosting site and the applicable rights holder(s).) Please do not hotlink our images!
- COPYING TEXT: You may print a copy of any portion of the written (text) content or save a copy to your computer’s hard drive or a mobile device for your personal use or reference, provided that the copies are not sold or otherwise redistributed.
- TRANSLATIONS: You may use automatic translation software or otherwise translate the written content into other languages for your personal use or for the purposes of creating bibliographic citations in languages other than English.
- PUBLISHING AND REDISTRIBUTING CONTENT: Except for hyperlinks (as noted above) or brief quotations with appropriate attribution, you may NOT publish, republish, or redistribute the written content or any portion of it in any form, whether in print, on the web, or via any other medium or method, without our prior written permission. This includes publishing or otherwise distributing translations of the content into languages other than English (except as part of a bibliographic citation, as noted above).
- REFERENCE USE: You may use our articles as references for your own research, articles, or academic papers, provided that you (a) do not plagiarize our content and (b) include appropriate citations. (We would appreciate a link to the original article(s), although we recognize that isn’t always possible.)
- REUSING PHOTOS AND OTHER IMAGES:
- Except for (1) public domain images (which may be reused as permitted by law in your jurisdiction), (2) images used on the Ate Up With Motor website under a Creative Commons or comparable license (which may be used in any manner permitted by the applicable license(s) and/or allowed by the rights holder), or as otherwise authorized by the applicable rights holder or allowed by law, you may NOT copy, reuse, or redistribute any of the photos or other images on the site without our prior written permission. If an image is not owned by us, you are of course free to contact the owner or rights holder directly for reprint/reuse permission — we do not have the authority to grant such permission. (If the rights holder authorizes you to reuse their image(s), you do not need any additional permission from us to do so!) Please note that we cannot offer any legal advice whatsoever regarding Creative Commons or other licenses or the use of Creative Commons/open source licensed or public domain images.
- In the event that we have modified or adapted someone else’s image under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (BY-SA) license or comparable license, you may use and/or adapt Ate Up With Motor’s version in any manner permitted under the terms of the applicable license. For specific license terms, click on the link to the license that appears in the applicable image caption. Again, we cannot provide any legal advice regarding Creative Commons or comparable licenses.
- TRADEMARK REUSE: You may NOT use the Ate Up With Motor name or any related trademarks or service marks for any commercial purpose without our advance written permission.
If you are interested in reprinting, excerpting, or translating any Ate Up With Motor content (e.g., for your own website or book), please send us a note using the Contact Form.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to any photograph, illustration, or other image (“Images”) you provide to us for use on Ate Up With Motor. By submitting any Images to us:
- You affirm that the Images are (a) your own, original work(s), and wholly owned by you, (b) verifiably in the public domain, or (c) otherwise owned and/or administered by you. In the event that the Images are not your own work, you must inform us of their legal authorship and your rights to publish/distribute them.
- You affirm that you have the legal right to use and license the Images.
- You agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor, its web host, and its advertisers and affiliates against any claims related to your ownership and/or authorship of the Images, your rights to use or license the Images, and/or your representations of your ownership, authorship, and/or rights.
- You grant Ate Up With Motor a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish the Images on the Ate Up With Motor website, with the understanding that Ate Up With Motor will not publish or otherwise distribute the Images by any other means, or license the Images to any other website or entity (except as specifically required to display the Images on the Ate Up With Motor website), without your prior authorization.
- As part of the above license, you authorize Ate Up With Motor to modify the size, image file format, file names, and/or metadata of the digital image files containing the Images (or if necessary to create electronic copies of those image files of appropriate size, format, filename, and metadata) for the specific purpose of displaying the Images on the Ate Up With Motor website. (For example, if a digital image file is too large for display on the web and has a numeric filename, you authorize us to resize the file and give it a descriptive file name and metadata consistent with our customary practice.)
- In the event that you sell, publish, or otherwise license the Images to any other publication or entity in any manner that would conflict with or rescind the license granted to Ate Up With Motor hereunder (e.g., if you sell exclusive rights to a photograph to a magazine or news service), or if you elect to cancel or otherwise rescind Ate Up With Motor’s license to use the Images for any other reason, you agree to notify Ate Up With Motor in writing or via email at least seven (7) days prior to the effective date of such sale, license, or cancellation, to allow time to remove the Images from the Ate Up With Motor website.
- You understand that in the event you cancel or otherwise rescind the license granted to Ate Up With Motor herein, Ate Up With Motor may retain archival copies of the Images for administrative purposes, or as part of backup files created by Ate Up With Motor or its web host. However, Ate Up With Motor will not publish or otherwise distribute such copies without your authorization.
- You understand and acknowledge that we reserve the right to decline to use or to remove any Images from the Ate Up With Motor website at any time, with or without notice.
If you believe that material (such as photos, images, or other content) used on or linked to by the Ate Up With Motor website violates your copyright, please contact the proprietor, Aaron Severson, via email at copyright (at) ateupwithmotor (dot) com or by mail at 11100 National Bl. #3, Los Angeles, California 90064. Please be sure to include:
- Your legal name and contact information, including your email address.
- A detailed description of the applicable work(s).
- The location of the work(s) on the Ate Up With Motor site (including the URL and page number, as applicable).
- Your statement that:
- You are either the legal owner of the work or an authorized agent of such owner, and
- You have the good faith belief that the use of the applicable work is (1) not authorized by the owner of the work and (2) not otherwise permitted by law.
- Your signature, either physical or electronic.
We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
If the material in question was provided to us by a third party, you expressly authorize us to forward your claim to that third party.
Ate Up With Motor will take reasonable efforts to terminate access to the website by a visitor who is determined to be a repeat infringer of copyrights or other intellectual property rights (e.g., by blocking the user’s IP address).
Except to the extent otherwise provided by applicable law, these terms of service and any access to or use of the Ate Up With Motor website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California.
If you wish to terminate this agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Ate Up With Motor website. Ate Up With Motor may terminate your access to any or all part of the website, with or without cause or notice, at any time.
Any provision of these terms of service which by their nature should survive termination (including, without limitation, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability) shall survive termination.
If any part of these terms of service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these terms of service, or any breach thereof, in any one instance will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
These terms of service may be modified from time to time, at our sole discretion. Your continued use of and access to the site signifies your acceptance of any such modifications. If you disagree with any of the changes, you should stop using or accessing the Ate Up With Motor website.
However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the terms that were in place when the dispute arose.
Effective date of this version: Monday, November 16, 2015.