Through your continued use/accessing of this site, you signify your acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “we,” “us” and “our” shall be deemed to signify Aaron Severson dba Ate Up With Motor. (Click here for information on the proprietorship of Ate Up With Motor, including a copy of the fictitious business name registration.)
All content on this site is presented for the general information and entertainment of the reader. While we strive to make the site content as complete and correct as possible, we make no warranty, expressed or implied, of the site content’s accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose (including, without limitation, the repair, modification, purchase, appraisal, or sale of any vehicle). We make no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, of the availability or access to any portion of the content.
Periodically, the site content may contain estimates of the exchange rates between the dollar and foreign currencies, and/or of the inflation-adjusted modern equivalent of historical dollar amounts. Such figures are approximate estimates, provided solely for the purposes of illustration and reader reference and should not be interpreted as financial advice of any kind. We make no warranty whatsoever as to the accuracy or suitability of such figures for any purpose. This is an automotive history site, not a reference for international currency trading or the historical value of money!
Links to other sites contained herein are provided solely for the information of our readers. We take no responsibility for the content, appropriateness, legality, or suitability for any purpose of any external site linked herein (including, without limitation, any advertisers) and such sites are used solely at the reader’s own risk.
By your access to and use of this site, you hereby attest that you have the legal right to access the site and its content and you agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor and its web host, advertisers and contributors, as applicable, against any claims related to the use of or access to the content herein (including, without limitation, the repair, modification, purchase, appraisal, or sale of any vehicle).
You also agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor against any claims relating to or arising from your use of, interaction with, or business transactions/business relationships with any external site or third party mentioned, referenced, or linked herein, including Ate Up With Motor’s advertisers.
USE OF TRADEMARKS
Trademarks and trade names used on this site, including, but not limited to, the names of automakers, manufacturers, suppliers, and other websites, are provided for identification and informational purposes. Such marks are the property of their respective owners. Except as otherwise specifically indicated herein, we have no partnership with, relationship to, or endorsement by the holders of such trademarks, and no such partnership, relationship, or endorsement is implied.
The opinions expressed in the articles presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the trademark holders, advertisers, or commentators, or the site’s web host or vendors.
Ate Up With Motor runs paid text or banner advertisements from various advertisers, which may include new or used car dealers, auto insurers, and other businesses connected with the sale, repair, modification, or insurance of automobiles. All such paid advertisements, whether text links, banner ads, or in any other form, are identified with the words “Sponsor,” “Sponsors,” or “Sponsored Link(s)” (or by images containing those words). Except as otherwise explicitly stated (e.g., in a review of a book or other product), references to, depictions of, or advertisements for products or services on Ate Up With Motor do not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of those products or services.
In the event that Ate Up With Motor receives financial compensation or any other consideration for any content presented on the site other than paid advertisements (e.g., if we receive a free copy of a book to review), the nature of that compensation will be disclosed as part of the article or content, or otherwise adjacent to it. If the article or content is more than one page, the relevant disclosure information will be included in the final page of the article/content.
Comments posted on Ate Up With Motor do not necessarily represent our opinions or those of our web host or advertisers. The publication or posting of a comment on Ate Up With Motor does not constitute an endorsement of any opinion, product, or service.
Ate Up With Motor accepts no responsibility for and makes no warranty, expressed or implied, of the accuracy or completeness of any user comment, its suitability for any purpose (including, without limitation, the repair, modification, purchase, appraisal, or sale of any vehicle), or for the content of any external website linked in a user comment. Readers approach the contents of any comments herein, particularly ones containing mechanical advice, solely at their own risk. By posting a comment to Ate Up With Motor:
- You grant us a limited, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish that comment and its contents on the Ate Up With Motor website and to transmit the comment and its content via e-mail as an automatic notification to the site administrator and, if your comment was in reply to a comment posted by another user, to the user who posted the original comment to which you replied.
- You affirm that you have the legal right to post the content of the comment and that it does not infringe on the copyrights, confidentiality, or other legal rights of any other individual or entity.
- You agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor, its owner, web host, and advertisers against any claims related to the contents of your comment.
You are free to delete your comment at any time using the delete function, or by contacting the us via e-mail or the contact form. Please note that even if your comment is deleted, copies will remain in the site’s backup files and archives, either those created by us or by our web host. Under certain rare circumstances — e.g., the restoration of the site from a backup file — a previously deleted comment may reappear. In such instances, we will endeavor to promptly delete any such comments, but we cannot guarantee it. If you notice that your previously deleted comment has reappeared, please let us know via e-mail or the contact form, and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Comments are published on the site at our sole discretion. Comments may be screened prior to publication to prevent spam or defuse contentious arguments. We also reserve the right to redact, edit, or otherwise modify a comment if:
- It exceeds the maximum length permitted by the comment system (i.e., 4,000 characters).
- Its content exceeds the maximum width of the comment box, or otherwise disrupts the formatting or functionality of the site.
We do not guarantee that any comment posted will be published on the site. We reserve the right to decline to publish, delete or unpublish any comment at any time, with or without notice. Our reasons for deleting a comment may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In our judgment, the comment is not relevant to the article on which it was made.
- The comment constitutes spam.
- The comment’s content includes copyrighted material without appropriate authorization, or contains hyperlinks to such content.
- The comment includes abusive language, ad hominem attacks, or defamatory content.
- The comment violates or appears to violate FTC guidelines on the disclosure of paid endorsements (for example, if you recommend a business of which you are a paid spokesperson without disclosing that relationship in your comment).
- The comment contains malicious code intended to disrupt the functionality of the site or attack users, or links to external sites containing such code.
- The comment was originally posted in reply to another comment that has been deleted.
We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently limit or deny access, either to the commenting feature and/or the site as a whole, to readers whose comments have been unpublished and/or deleted for the above or any other reasons, or whose comments and/or activities on the site we deem (in our sole judgment) to be abusive, disruptive, or constitute spam.
Technical problems, such as site backups or upgrades to the comment system, may occasionally result in the inadvertent deletion of recent comments. If you have a question about why a comment was deleted or not published, feel free to contact us via e-mail or the contact form. Again, we do not guarantee that any posted comment will be published.
The following is our policy for the reuse of Ate Up With Motor content.
- You may print a copy of any portion of the written content (or save an electronic copy to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device) for your personal use only.
- You may use Google Language Tools, Yahoo! Babel Fish, or other automatic translation software to translate the written content into other languages for your personal use.
- You may post or otherwise share links to the Ate Up With Motor site or to any individual article on the site. However, please do not publish links directly pointing to any images on the site! (Links to the page on which those images appear are fine.)
- You may use our articles as references for your own research, articles, or academic papers, provided that (a) you do not plagiarize our content and (b) you include appropriate citations. (Where possible, we would appreciate a link to the original article(s), although we recognize that isn’t always possible.)
- In the event that we have modified or adapted someone else’s image under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (BY-SA) license or similar license, you may use and/or adapt Ate Up With Motor’s version under the same terms as the original Creative Commons license. For specific license terms, visit the Creative Commons website or click on the link to the license that appears in the image’s caption. (In some but not all cases, we may have a higher-resolution version of the adapted image than the one that appears on the site. We are currently in the process of uploading those versions to Wikimedia Commons, but that time-consuming process is not yet done. In the meantime, if you are interested in obtaining a higher-resolution version to reuse or adapt, we will be happy to supply it if we have one.)
You may NOT do any of the following without our explicit, prior written permission:
- Publish, republish, or distribute the content (either whole or in part) in any form, whether in print, on the web, or via any other medium or method, other than brief quotations with appropriate attribution. This includes publishing or otherwise distributing translations of the content into languages other than English.
- Hotlink to any images or other content on this site.
- Copy or reuse any of the images on the site, other than public domain or Creative Commons images (which may be used under the terms of the original license).
If you are interested in reprinting, excerpting, or translating any Ate Up With Motor content (e.g., for your own website or book), please send us a note using the contact form.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to any photograph, illustration, or other image (“Images”) you provide to us for use on Ate Up With Motor:
- You affirm that the Images are (a) your own, original work(s), and wholly owned by you, (b) verifiably in the public domain, or (c) otherwise owned and/or administered by you. In the event that the Images are not your own work, you must inform us of their legal authorship and your rights to publish/distribute them.
- You affirm that you have the legal right to use and license the Images.
- You agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor, its web host, and its advertisers and affiliates against any claims related to your ownership and/or authorship of the Images, your rights to use or license the Images, and/or your representations of your ownership, authorship, and/or rights.
- You grant Ate Up With Motor a worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish the Images on the Ate Up With Motor website, with the understanding that Ate Up With Motor will not publish or otherwise distribute the Images in any other format or medium, or license the Image to any other website or entity (except as specifically required to display the Image on the Ate Up With Motor website), without your prior authorization.
- In the event that you sell, publish, or otherwise license the Images to any other publication or entity in any manner that would conflict with or rescind the license granted to Ate Up With Motor hereunder (e.g., if you sell exclusive rights to a photograph to a magazine or news service), or if you elect to cancel or otherwise rescind Ate Up With Motor’s license to use the Images for any other reason, you agree to notify Ate Up With Motor in writing or via e-mail at least seven (7) days prior to the effective date of such sale, license, or cancellation, to allow time to remove the Images from the Ate Up With Motor website.
- You understand that in the event you cancel or otherwise rescind the license granted to Ate Up With Motor herein, Ate Up With Motor may retain archival copies of the Images for administrative purposes, or as part of backup files created by Ate Up With Motor or its web host. However, Ate Up With Motor will not publish or otherwise distribute such copies without your authorization.
- You understand and acknowledge that the use of any Images on the Ate Up With Motor website is at the sole discretion of Ate Up With Motor, which reserves the right to decline to use or to remove any Images at any time, with or without notice.
COPYRIGHT/INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY VIOLATIONS AND AGENT OF NOTICE
If you believe that any photo, image, or other content owned by you has been used on the Ate Up With Motor site in any manner that violates your copyright, please contact the Copyright Agent, Aaron Severson, via e-mail at copyright (at) ateupwithmotor (dot) com or by mail at 11100 National Bl. #3, Los Angeles, California 90064. Your claim must include:
- Your legal name and contact information, including your e-mail address
- A detailed description of the work to which your claim pertains
- The location of that work on the Ate Up With Motor site (including the URL and page number, as applicable)
- Your statement, made under penalty of perjury, that:
- You are either the legal owner of the work specified or legally empowered to act on behalf of such owner, and that
- The information provided in your notice is true and correct, and that
- You have the good faith belief that this use of the work is (a) not authorized by you (or, if you are not the owner, not authorized by the owner or its agents) and (b) not otherwise permissible by law.
- Your signature, either physical or electronic.
We will promptly and thoroughly investigate any claim, and will remove any material that is found to be in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please note that in the event that the material to which your claim pertains was provided to us by a third party, we will forward a copy of your claim to that person or entity.
These Terms and Conditions may be modified from time to time, at our sole discretion. Your continued use of and access to the site signifies your acceptance of any such modifications.