For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “we,” “us” and “our” shall be deemed to signify Aaron Severson dba Ate Up With Motor. (Click here for information on the proprietorship of Ate Up With Motor.)
By your access to and use of this site, you hereby attest that you are at least 13 years old, have the legal right to access the site and its content, and agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor and its web host, advertisers and contributors, as applicable, against any claims related to the use of or access to the content herein (including, without limitation, the repair, modification, purchase, appraisal, or sale of any vehicle).
You also agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor against any claims relating to or arising from your use of, interaction with, or business transactions/business relationships with any external site or third party mentioned, referenced, or linked herein, including Ate Up With Motor’s advertisers.
All content on this site is presented for the general information and entertainment of the reader. While we strive to make the site content as complete and correct as possible, we make no warranty, expressed or implied, of the site content’s accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose, including, without limitation, the repair, modification, purchase, appraisal, or sale of any vehicle. (The author is NOT a mechanic or automotive technician and is definitely NOT qualified to tell you how to fix or modify your car!) We also make no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, of the availability or access to any portion of the content.
Periodically, the site content may contain estimates of the exchange rates between the dollar and foreign currencies, and/or of the inflation-adjusted modern equivalent of historical dollar amounts. Such figures are approximate estimates, provided solely for the purposes of illustration and reader reference and should not be interpreted as financial advice of any kind. We make no warranty whatsoever as to the accuracy or suitability of such figures for any purpose. This is an automotive history site, not a reference for international currency trading or the historical value of money!
USE OF TRADEMARKS
Trademarks and trade names used on this site, including (but not limited to) the names and distinctive logos of automakers, automotive marques or brands, model or trim level names, automotive technology, suppliers, and other websites, are used here for identification and informational purposes. Such marks are the property of their respective owners. Except as otherwise specifically indicated herein, we have no partnership with, relationship to, or endorsement by the holders of such trademarks, and no such partnership, relationship, or endorsement is implied.
In certain cases, the articles presented here may use images, historical information, or other media supplied by one or more automakers or their press/PR representatives. Such cases will be noted in the acknowledgements and sources for those specific articles.
The opinions expressed in the articles presented herein are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the trademark holders, advertisers, or commentators, or the site’s web host or vendors.
Ate Up With Motor runs paid text or banner advertisements from various advertisers, which may include new or used car dealers, auto insurers, and other businesses connected with the sale, repair, modification, or insurance of automobiles. All such paid advertisements, whether text links, banner ads, or in any other form, are identified with the words “Sponsor,” “Sponsors,” or “Sponsored Link(s)” (or by images containing those words). Except as otherwise explicitly stated (e.g., in a review of a book or other product), references to, depictions of, or advertisements for products or services on Ate Up With Motor do not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of those products or services.
In the event that Ate Up With Motor receives financial compensation or any other consideration for any content presented on the site other than paid advertisements (e.g., if we receive a free copy of a book to review), the nature of that compensation will be disclosed as part of the article or content or otherwise adjacent to it. If the article or content is more than one page, the relevant disclosure information will be included in the final page of the article/content.
Links to other sites contained, referenced, or otherwise mentioned herein are provided solely for the information of our readers or for the purposes of bibliographic reference. We accept no responsibility whatsoever for the content, appropriateness, legality, or suitability for any purpose of any external site linked herein (including, without limitation, any advertisers) and such sites are used solely at the reader’s own risk.
The comment feature and contact forms on Ate Up With Motor may not be used by readers under the age of 18.
Comments posted on Ate Up With Motor do not necessarily represent our opinions or those of our web host or advertisers. The publication or posting of a comment on Ate Up With Motor does not constitute an endorsement of any opinion, product, or service.
Ate Up With Motor accepts no responsibility for and makes no warranty, expressed or implied, of the accuracy or completeness of any user comment, its suitability for any purpose (including, without limitation, the repair, modification, purchase, appraisal, or sale of any vehicle), or for the content of any external website linked in a user comment. Readers approach the contents of any comments herein, particularly ones containing mechanical advice, solely at their own risk. By posting a comment to Ate Up With Motor:
- You affirm that you are at least 18 years old, that you have the legal right to post the content of the comment, and that it does not infringe on the copyrights, confidentiality, or other legal rights of any other individual or entity.
- You agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor, its owner, web host, and advertisers against any claims related to the contents of your comment.
- You grant Ate Up With Motor a limited, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to publish that comment and its contents (including the username you supply) on the Ate Up With Motor website and to transmit the comment and its content via email as an automatic notification to the site administrator and, if your comment was in reply to a comment posted by another user, to the user who posted the original comment to which you replied.
- In the event that your comment contains factual information pertaining to Ate Up With Motor content (for example, if you offer a correction or clarification of some error or ambiguous point), you authorize Ate Up With Motor to reflect the factual substance of your comment (for example, to make the noted correction) in the applicable content.
Please note that in certain cases, we may respond to your comment by email (using the email address you provide) prior to or instead of publishing the comment on the website, particularly if we have questions about any of the above-listed points.
You are free to delete your comment at any time using the delete function or by contacting the us via email or the Contact Form. Please note that even if your comment is deleted, copies will remain in backup files and archives either created by us or by our web host. Under certain rare circumstances — e.g., the restoration of the site from a backup file — a previously deleted comment may reappear. In such instances, we will endeavor to promptly delete any such comments, but we cannot guarantee it. If you notice that your previously deleted comment has reappeared, please let us know via email or the Contact Form and we will remove it as soon as possible.
Comments are published on the site at our sole discretion. Comments may be screened prior to publication to prevent spam or defuse contentious arguments. We do not guarantee that any comment posted will be published on the site.
We reserve the right to decline to publish, redact, delete, or unpublish any comment at any time, with or without notice. Our reasons for deleting, redacting, or otherwise modifying a comment may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Its content exceeds the maximum width of the comment box or otherwise disrupts the formatting or functionality of the site.
- The comment contains malicious code intended to disrupt the functionality of the site or attack users, or contains links to external sites containing such code.
- The comment contains or constitutes spam.
- The comment’s content includes copyrighted material without appropriate authorization, or contains hyperlinks to such content.
- The comment violates or appears to violate FTC guidelines on the disclosure of paid endorsements (for example, if you recommend a business of which you are a paid spokesperson without disclosing that relationship in your comment).
- The comment includes abusive language, ad hominem attacks, or defamatory content.
- We believe the commenter was under the age of 18.
- The comment was originally posted in reply to another comment that has been deleted.
We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently limit or deny access, either to the commenting feature and/or the site as a whole, to readers who are under age 18, whose comments have been unpublished and/or deleted for the above or any other reasons, or whose comments and/or activities on the site we deem (in our sole judgment) to be abusive, disruptive, or constitute spam.
Technical problems, such as site backups or upgrades to the comment system, may occasionally result in the inadvertent deletion of recent comments. If you have a question about why a comment was deleted or not published, feel free to contact us via email or the contact form. Again, we do not guarantee that any posted comment will be published.
CONTACT FORM AND EMAIL COMMUNICATION POLICY
The following terms apply to communications with us via the Contact Form or any of our (at)ateupwithmotor (dot) com email addresses:
- If your communication includes a question, request, or general inquiry, we will respond as appropriate via the email address you provide. Please note that while we endeavor to respond to all inquiries, we cannot guarantee it. Also, we cannot respond to communications from persons under 18. If we receive a communication from a person we know or reasonably suspect to be under the age of 18, we will promptly delete all copies of the message without acknowledging or responding to it.
- If you make a general inquiry (for example, if you report a technical problem with the website) or offer corrections or questions pertaining to one or more of our articles, we reserve the right to publish your inquiry or excerpts of it on the website in order to help us respond to your questions or comments or support other users with similar concerns. However, we will not publish your email address, IP address, or other contact information (e.g., your mailing address or telephone number) without your specific prior authorization.
- If you provide us with factual information or offer corrections or clarifications pertaining to Ate Up With Motor content or in response to a question we have posted on the website or its associated social media accounts, we will presume that you are authorizing us to reflect the factual substance of your message in the applicable content (for example, to make the noted correction or incorporate a point of fact such as a specification or production figure) unless you specifically indicate otherwise. Except for our internal records and reference, we will not otherwise quote, excerpt, or republish your message without your prior authorization.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS OF USER ASSISTANCE AND INFORMATION
If you provide us (whether via comment, contact form, email, or other means) with significant assistance with Ate Up With Motor content (for example, if you supply images, suggest useful resources, or offer substantial factual corrections) or assist us in the resolution of a technical issue, we may elect to acknowledge you by name or username, generally in the “Acknowledgments” or “Notes on Sources” section of the applicable article(s), unless you have specifically asked us not to or if the context of your communications with us reasonably suggests that you prefer not to be acknowledged or identified.
In the event that you have received such an acknowledgment here or on Ate Up With Motor’s associated social media accounts and would like us to remove it, please contact us via email at aseverson (at) ateupwithmotor (dot) com or the Contact Form and we will promptly delete the applicable acknowledgment(s). If you wish to alter or correct the acknowledgment (for example, to replace a username with your real name or vice versa), we will make our best efforts to accommodate your request so long as it does not infringe on the rights of others or attempt to impersonate some other individual or organization.
The following is our policy for the reuse of Ate Up With Motor content.
- HYPERLINKS: You may publish, post, or otherwise share hyperlinks to the Ate Up With Motor website or to any individual page or post on the site.
- HOTLINKING: You may NOT publish or post any link pointing directly to any image, script, or non-text element on this website. (This does not apply to any script, font, or embedded video or audio recording hosted on an external website, the use or reuse of which is subject to the terms and conditions of the hosting site and the applicable rights holder(s).) Please do not hotlink our images!
- COPYING TEXT: You may print a copy of any portion of the written (text) content or save a copy to your computer’s hard drive or a mobile device for your personal use or reference, provided that the copies are not sold or otherwise redistributed.
- TRANSLATIONS: You may use automatic translation software or otherwise translate the written content into other languages for your personal use or for the purposes of creating bibliographic citations in languages other than English.
- PUBLISHING AND REDISTRIBUTING CONTENT: Except for hyperlinks (as noted above) or brief quotations with appropriate attribution, you may NOT publish, republish, or redistribute the written content or any portion of it in any form, whether in print, on the web, or via any other medium or method, without our prior written permission. This includes publishing or otherwise distributing translations of the content into languages other than English (except as part of a bibliographic citation, as noted above).
- REFERENCE USE: You may use our articles as references for your own research, articles, or academic papers, provided that you (a) do not plagiarize our content and (b) include appropriate citations. (We would appreciate a link to the original article(s), although we recognize that isn’t always possible.)
- REUSING PHOTOS AND OTHER IMAGES:
- With the exception of public domain images or images used on the Ate Up With Motor website under a Creative Commons or similar license (which may be reused under the terms of the original license), you may NOT copy, reuse, or redistribute any of the photos or other images on the site without our prior written permission or, for images that are not owned by us, the permission of the applicable copyright holder. (For any copyrighted image not owned by us, you are of course free to approach the owner or rights holder directly for reprint/reuse permission — we do not have the authority to grant such permission.)
- In the event that we have modified or adapted someone else’s image under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (BY-SA) license or similar license, you may use and/or adapt Ate Up With Motor’s version under the terms of the original license. For specific license terms, click on the link to the license that appears in the applicable image caption.
If you are interested in reprinting, excerpting, or translating any Ate Up With Motor content (e.g., for your own website or book), please send us a note using the Contact Form.
The following terms and conditions shall apply to any photograph, illustration, or other image (“Images”) you provide to us for use on Ate Up With Motor:
- You affirm that the Images are (a) your own, original work(s), and wholly owned by you, (b) verifiably in the public domain, or (c) otherwise owned and/or administered by you. In the event that the Images are not your own work, you must inform us of their legal authorship and your rights to publish/distribute them.
- You affirm that you have the legal right to use and license the Images.
- You agree to indemnify Ate Up With Motor, its web host, and its advertisers and affiliates against any claims related to your ownership and/or authorship of the Images, your rights to use or license the Images, and/or your representations of your ownership, authorship, and/or rights.
- You grant Ate Up With Motor a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish the Images on the Ate Up With Motor website, with the understanding that Ate Up With Motor will not publish or otherwise distribute the Images by any other means, or license the Images to any other website or entity (except as specifically required to display the Images on the Ate Up With Motor website), without your prior authorization.
- As part of the above license, you authorize Ate Up With Motor to modify the size, image file format, file names, and/or metadata of the digital image files containing the Images (or if necessary to create electronic copies of those image files of appropriate size, format, filename, and metadata) for the specific purpose of displaying the Images on the Ate Up With Motor website. (For example, if a digital image file is too large for display on the web and has a numeric filename, you authorize us to resize the file and give it a descriptive file name and metadata consistent with our customary practice.)
- In the event that you sell, publish, or otherwise license the Images to any other publication or entity in any manner that would conflict with or rescind the license granted to Ate Up With Motor hereunder (e.g., if you sell exclusive rights to a photograph to a magazine or news service), or if you elect to cancel or otherwise rescind Ate Up With Motor’s license to use the Images for any other reason, you agree to notify Ate Up With Motor in writing or via email at least seven (7) days prior to the effective date of such sale, license, or cancellation, to allow time to remove the Images from the Ate Up With Motor website.
- You understand that in the event you cancel or otherwise rescind the license granted to Ate Up With Motor herein, Ate Up With Motor may retain archival copies of the Images for administrative purposes, or as part of backup files created by Ate Up With Motor or its web host. However, Ate Up With Motor will not publish or otherwise distribute such copies without your authorization.
- You understand and acknowledge that we reserve the right to decline to use or to remove any Images from the Ate Up With Motor website at any time, with or without notice.
If you believe that any photo, image, or other content owned by you has been used on the Ate Up With Motor site in any manner that violates your copyright, please contact the proprietor Aaron Severson, via email at copyright (at) ateupwithmotor (dot) com or by mail at 11100 National Bl. #3, Los Angeles, California 90064. Your claim must include:
- Your legal name and contact information, including your email address.
- A detailed description of the work to which your claim pertains.
- The location of that work on the Ate Up With Motor site (including the URL and page number, as applicable).
- Your statement, made under penalty of perjury, that:
- You are either the legal owner of the specified work or legally empowered to act on behalf of such owner, and that
- The information provided in your notice is true and correct, and that
- You have the good faith belief that this use of the work is (1) not authorized by you (or, if you are not the owner, not authorized by the owner or its agents) and (2) not otherwise permissible by law.
- Your signature, either physical or electronic.
We will promptly and thoroughly investigate any claim and will remove any material that is found to be in violation of applicable copyright law. We will also take reasonable measures to block any user who receive repeated infringement claims (for example, by blocking the user’s IP address). Please note that in the event that the material to which your claim pertains was provided to us by a third party, we will forward a copy of your claim to that person or entity.
These Terms and Conditions may be modified from time to time, at our sole discretion. Your continued use of and access to the site signifies your acceptance of any such modifications.
Effective date of this version: Monday, June 8, 2015